Latest Posts

Long-lasting, vibrant eye shadow ♥

By 8:59 PM , , , , , , , , ,

Hi guys! I haven't posted anything in a while, so here's some advice on long-lasting & vibrant eye shadow!
It took me a while to understand how to properly apply eye shadow, it takes practice, technique & the right colors. 
Before anything, I like to apply my under-eye concealer on my eyelids as well. I feel like this provides a smooth canvas & in my case, gets rid of discoloration. After the concealer sets, I apply eye-shadow primer. A high end one is the Urban Decay Primer Potion - $20.00, and a cheaper alternative includes the ELF Eyelid Primer - $1.00
Next, I recommend using colors that compliment your eye color and skin tone. The basic eye (for me) includes a highlight under the brow (bright color), transition color between the brow-bone and crease (soft brown), eyelid color, inner tear duct (same as highlight), crease color and/or outer corner (dark brown/black), & lower lash line (same as crease/outer corner).
The key is to blend! The most important part is to blend the colors enough to reduce harsh lines but do not lose the vibrancy of the color. 
*TIP*: If you want an even more vibrant color, wet your brush before applying the shadow. The color will appear more vibrant and defined (usually the lid color).
For better application, build up the color rather than applying a large amount at once. 
Also, after applying the crease color/outer corner, the lid color tends to lose vibrancy, so I suggest applying more of the lid color after the crease/outer corner is applied. Or, you can simply apply the lid color last, since that is the color that should stand out most.
Personally, my eye shadow & eye makeup looks best when my eyebrows are done!
And that's how I get long-lasting & vibrant eye shadow guys!! Hope it helps :)
Make sure you follow me on twitter: @rotemxo & instagram: @rotemxox
Happy holidays!! 
xo, Rotem ♥


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I know your post is about eyeshadow, but I love that lip color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eye work is beautiful!

    xo Cassy

    Follow my blog
    http://theworkette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the eye look!!:)


    http://punkyandbubblesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, suggestion, request or question!